Wunderman Thompson puts a pitch invader on the field for the OVAM
Antwerp, 19 December 2023
Every week, hundreds of thousands of people watch sports fields with great interest. Unfortunately, the soil next to and underneath that pitch receives very little attention. Yet healthy soil is vital. That is why OVAM and Wunderman Thompson hijacked the football pitch during an important match between Club Brugge and KAA Gent. The aim? Get more people to check the soil in their neighbourhood on bodemkwaliteit.be.
Soil scientist becomes man of the match
A strange image for the viewers of the battle of Flanders. Just before kick-off, a soil scientist walked out to and then sat down on the pitch. And then the trespasser calmly dug up a soil sample. In the end, it turned out to be a stunt planned and executed to perfection by OVAM, Wunderman Thompson, Eleven DAZN and the Pro League.
Live reporters and TV viewers didn’t miss the unusual event, which was designed to highlight the ground underneath the pitch. In fact, they picked up on it immediately via social media. Football fans Rik Verheye and Martijn Debbaut also wondered on their socials what was going on.
A campaign with serious legends
OVAM and Wunderman Thompson explained the stunt with a post-match film and an interview with the soil scientist. The campaign was also supported by online videos and radio spots. The latter were even narrated by José De Cauwer and Wesley Sonck.
José De Cauwer - Wingerdje, Wingerdje.mp3
MP3 - 911 Kb
Wesley Sonck - Real Madelief vs Paris Saint Geranium.mp3
MP3 - 965 Kb
Wesley Sonck - Vos.mp3
MP3 - 962 Kb
MP4 - 20 Mb
MP4 - 20 Mb
- Client: OVAM
- Contact: Eline Aerts, Nathalie Van Trier, Johanna Deconinck
- Agency: Wunderman Thompson Benelux
- Chief Creative Officer: Klaartje Galle
- Executive Creative Directors: Arjen Tarras, Kasper Janssens
- Creative Director: Merel Van den Broeck
- Creative Team: Mathijs Bettens, Martijn Beckers, Tijs Dejonckheere
- Account Team: Barbara Van Duffel, Lotte Huybrechts, Sara Karcher
- Strategic Planner: Alexander Kolenberg
- Design: Christophe De Pelsemaker, Jorg Meyer, Ynje Degraeve
- Copywriter: Jelle Raats
- Agency Producer: Thomas Anthoni
- Motion Designer: Andreas De Ridder
- Sound Design: Menno Van Riet
- Production Company: Fledge
- Producers: Diederik Jeangout, Roeland Jeangout
- Director: Henk Loorbach